Yep, a distribution block installed by Worx in the trunk next to the battery (right above the fuel pump area) which Nismo Omori hadn't removed. Remember their job was to get the visible interior back to OEM, including the stereo wiring. Further, the alarm shop's job was to remove the alarm and make sure the immobilizer functions didn't kick in and prevent the car from starting. I get it.
And yet every time I opened the trunk, this cancer served as a reminder that my car still had Worx items located in it. So it got to the point where I wondered, how difficult would it be to remove it along with all the wires attached to it?
Bad question because 24 hours later...
|It didn't take me 24 hours to get to this... rather as I'm working from home whenever I have a few minutes I'd pop into the garage to do some work|
|Just a couple of bolts and the seat cushion pops out|
|Pink paint marker. As you will later see, this allowed me to know what he touched, bolt-wise|
Curious about what other presents he might have left me, I looked around some more and found:
I removed it and accessed the plate covering the battery area.
|Green arrow points to where something added was grounded|
And yes, you can see that I took apart the center console too because I was curious to see what else I could remove in addition to the wires I found coming from the distribution block. More on that later.
So first task was to inspect the distribution block and see what wires came out of it.
|Green arrows point to the bolts that Worx marked pink (in other words, he installed or used the bolt)|
Basically, it was easy enough to trace where the leads went, but more often than not, in an attempt to hide them the wires were combined together with the factory loom with black electrical tape.
|I could easily tell the difference between factory electrical tape and what Worx applied. So off came that aftermarket tape.|
|Squeezed atop the silver Fuel Pump Control Module is the alarm's immobilzer brain.|
|Going to have to secure this.|
|This lead to a bunch of cut leads|
|Clearly the shiny black tape and the cloth Tesa tape are not OEM|
|And this one on the floor next to the driver's seat.|
These wires led either into the trunk (trunk release, back up camera, and CTEK plug) or towards the front of the car (back up camera).
|This wiring for the back up camera led to the front and ended up behind the stereo|
The next day, I found the rest of the wires from the immobilizer already cut - I guess this is what the alarm shop did?
Leaving just these two red wires still connected to something under the dash.
|You can see how removal of the back up camera wiring helped to clean up the area behind the stereo even more!|
|See! Back to OEM!!! (except of course the sound insulation and the Alcantara, he he.)|
And yes I had to resort to zip-ties to secure the FPCM as for some reason if I bolted it down it bumped up against the adjuster for the rear right Ohlins DFV coilover.
|But at least it's secure now and the wiring is clean and OEM|
And it wasn't just about removing wires. I also took the opportunity to fix problems along the way. For example, in order to create the shelf for the distribution block, Worx decided to add in screw taps (not sure if the holes were drilled in that area to begin with). But as you can see this area was rubbing against an OEM loom and causing the loom cover to get worn down.
|I ended up adding some TESA tape on top of the worn area where it rubbed against the metal|
Since I don't need a back up camera right now, I removed the camera itself as well as the wiring. I kept the loom for the CTEK charger, not sure if I can use it but I will admit that the set up (having the plug hidden behind the license plate) is clever and so I will try to figure something out.
I didn't take any photos of the last two red wires I mentioned above, but suffice to say I had to get on my back and unwrap a lot of electrical tape under the dash.
In the end, here is the mess of wires and electrical components I was able to remove.
|Strange feeling of liberation!|