So when I went to pick up my car from BeAmbitious, I was happy with the seamless job Ninomiya-san had done.
|Taken at 7pm in the evening, hence a bit unclear... sorry!|
First, instead of a four sided rear center bracket, Ninomiya-san simply used two hangar type brackets.
Second, the carbon was cut in order for the Tomei muffler to
peacefully coexist. I couldn't tell how it was cut, it was only apparently after I took the diffuser off for another upcoming project! (Stay tuned!)
|Simplicity at work here - only time will tell if this is enough.|
Third, the entire diffuser was dropped a few millimeters in order for the exhaust pipe to have a bit more leeway on the front side of the diffuser.
|For those of you with R34s, you should be aware that Tomei has apparently been sending out a retrofit kit similar to these spacers, in order to prevent the leading edge of the diffuser from pressing into the ExPreme titanium exhaust.|
Fourth, the metal jack-up point was moved a few cm forward, and an alumite "gap filler" attached, in order to ensure the jack up point is not only flush with the diff, but also far in front of the Greddy extra capacity diff cover (wouldn't want to jack it up on that)!
Note how, instead of attaching them to the car directly, he chose to attach them by way of hard rubber bushings, in order to prevent any metallurgical issues to the body of the car, as well as considering the vibration the diffuser will generate, and tucked the side brackets up under the rear bumper. This means however that I cannot remove the diffuser with the brackets still attached to the diffuser, as one might do normally.
Rather, I have to undo the bolts for the two outer most fins, plus two additional bolts on the side protectors, which then separates the diffuser from the side brackets, which remain attached to the car.
|Pointing to where normally there would be a rivet holding the diffuser's plastic side piece to the side bracket|
|So neither rivet is there now.|
But next track day, let's see what speeds north of 200kph will do!
Finally - I realize I have yet to provide a nice photo that clearly shows the diffuser, in daylight. Patience my friends, I have ONE MORE diffuser related mod before I show the final, final result!