So as I mentioned in my last post, the roll of Alcantara that I had ordered and sent to Cesar back in early August (2016 - during the build), seemed to have been lost in the mail. So after a couple of weeks, I ordered some more, and had it sent to me so I could then in turn express mail it to Cesar.
I had learned, in my research, that Alcantara (Italian produced and marketed) was essentially the same as Ultrasuede (made in Japan, but not as well marketed), but also found that Alcantara seemed to be more geared towards automotive use (in terms of durability, etc.). I was also careful to order the proper type ("Pannel") which is thin enough and without any padding like the other type the seller offered ("Cover").
Of course, Murphy's Law struck, meaning that even though I sent Cesar the Alcantara immediately upon arrival in Japan, the ORIGINAL batch that I had ordered from him, arrived at his place one day before the batch I sent arrived.
So even though the original plan was to have the glove box and the gauge surround covered in Alcantara, with double the amount of material, we had to decide what to do with the excess. I'm sure you guys already know, we ended up using the material inside the center console as well as the door pockets, but STILL there was some more left over... to this day, I am still wondering where I can use the excess material...