|Photo courtesy of Takasu-san at NISMO Omori Factory|
|Here it is - Model number is NX 115D26L|
Who da F installs a USED battery in a customer's car??
So, I'll have to buy a new Optima Yellow Top, as I think they are the best out there... Good news is that NISMO agrees and recommends the Optima Yellow Top, so I promptly went online and bought one (model number YT925S-L/YR R 3.7?) from the online dealer I had dealt with before (in order to avoid the NISMO tax, of course...) and had them send the battery directly to NISMO for me.
|Here is a closeup of the battery that fits the 33/34 GT-Rs. You can see it has a claimed 660 A Cold Cranking Amps and capacity of 48 Amp hours|
|This is the GT-R specific mounting kit they supply. |
|Showing this shop is an official Optima dealer, the terminals are pre-polished, compatible with the smaller type battery leads, this is a deep cycle battery, etc. |
Also Takasu-san informed me - good news - my car is almost done, for real!
The next day (today) being Saturday I decided to drop into NISMO in the afternoon. Yes, NISMO Omori Factory is currently closed to the public due to the coronavirus scare (from March 4 to March 18) but hey this is where being a senior Nissan employee has its advantages...
So as I have written previously, the initial goal of having the car serviced at Nismo Omori Factory was to verify the extent, and then as needed, undo the damage incurred when the car sat outside the Worx Autoalarm garage, exposed to ocean winds, which I suspect then led to rust on parts of the car's undercarriage.
I did take care of the rust that had savagely appeared on the rotors, as I wrote in this post.
And for those suspension parts and links that developed rust, as I wrote recently I simply had those parts removed and replaced.
Then there are some places on the body that simply had to be repaired at a body shop.
For example, here is how their body shop fixed up the sills (the jack up points, having been scratched up in use, had developed some minor rust even before the Worx episode but the amount of rust seemed to increase tenfold afterwards). My sills weren't bent up like many I've seen, but the outside flanges seemed to be more skewed to the outside than they should be. So now no rust and straight sills!
|So you can see how the middle part of the bottom chassis - where the exhaust and driveshaft are - were left alone. |
Just dirty, no rust. A future project for me!
Funny you should ask...
|Box of mostly banged up, but still quite usable, NISMO suspension link set parts!|
Nothing new bushes and some paint can't fix! Anyone interested?
|The hub bearings|
|Driveshaft boots and steering bushing|
|Nitrogen accumulator thing for the ATTESSA. After 23 years, pretty much non-functioning apparently...can't wait to take that first corner in the wet and see how much more quickly the front wheels get power!|
(I'd always wondered, why even with Do-Luck's digital G-sensor, response seemed a bit slow...hope this resolves it!).
|More Nismo links and body rigidity parts. On the bottom, what remains of my Nismo brake air deflectors (that were attached to the tension rods - these are out of production now, replaced by the 10x more expensive dry carbon ones)|
|As mentioned last time, the driveshafts had to be either overhauled (front) or replaced (in the rear) with rebuilts|
-these are the rears that couldn't be rebuilt at Nismo
|The rear suspension member was taken off too and replaced with a new one.|
Basically - I had the NISMO Omori Factory's Chassis Refresh done - plus a few cool extras. In my next posts, I will show photos of all the new parts on the car, so you can see the difference, as well as the extras!